So we put Carson on swim team this year because last year he was swimming GREAT. Well he has since REGRESSED! It's really more of a confidence thing, he thinks the pool is too big. Anyway, I've been telling him to stop grabbing the rope when they do their laps. So at his first meet he jumps in does a few strokes and then grabs the rope. As he's looking around you can tell his thinking "oh, crap this is a race"! So he precedes to pull on the rope hand over hand to keep going. It was embarrassing and hilarious at the same time. THAT'S MY BOY! He did eventually start swimming again. The best part....HE WASN'T LAST! LOL He beat two other kids! One kid just cried for his mom in the middle of the pool. I was thinking "Hey, at least that's not my kid crying out there"! GOOD TIMES Hopefully he starts to LET GO of the rope!
Carson's standing by the guy in the blue shorts

After the race he told my friend "I beat those two guys". So, so proud.


2 comments:
the meet was a little traumatic for my kids....they got beat....by EVERYONE...and there was some grabbing of the lane line as well. ( I don't recall any crying for me in the middle of the pool....maybe next week!)
I figure at least they get to work out 45 mins a day...!!!!
good job Carson!!!
Okay that is hilarious! Great story to tell him when he's older.
Post a Comment